To give yourself the peace of mind you deserve, trust USIC with your property insurance.
We will protect you after a hurricane. This policy uses the location of a property to define whether coverage is activated when the eye of a category 3 or higher hurricane passes within a 50 mile or less radius from the property.
- Límit $2,000
- Annual Cost $125
- Límit $4,000
- Annual Cost $250
According to the information published by the National Hurricane Center (NHC), the payment will be calculated according to the distance there was between the eye of the hurricane, the location of the property and the maximum speed of sustained winds. The payment may be from $200 up to a maximum of $4,000 depending on the option that is purchased and the parameters that are activated.More information
The reality is that we are always exposed to unexpected events such as an earthquake that could cause costly damages. This parametric microinsurance uses the location of the property to define whether the coverage is activated as a consequence of an earthquake provided that the intensity registered at the property is 6.5 on the modified Mercalli scale or higher.
- Límit $15,000
- Annual Cost $115
- Límit $30,000
- Annual Cost $230
Based on data from the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the intensity at the site of the property is calculated to determine if your coverage will be activated. If it is activated the payment could be from $3,750 up to a maximum of $30,000 depending on the option that is purchased and the applicable parameters.More information
Our bundle package option allows you to be prepared for both events. You could receive up to a maximum of $4,000 when the coverage is activated after a hurricane and up to a maximum of $4,000 when the coverage is activated after a earthquake. The maximum payable amount of $4,000 applies for each type of peril when activated by the parameters.
- Límit $2,000
- Annual Cost: $140
- Límit $4,000
- Annual Cost: $280
We have included Parametric Microinsurance in our offerings as an innovative insurance policy directed at providing financial relief when coverage is activated after a hurricane or an earthquake. Parametric Microinsurance covers the probability of a predetermined event occurring and pays the insured once the parameters defined in the policy are activated.
- Available for owners or tenants
- All residential property qualifies regardless of location or type of construction
- Easy to purchase and only requires a single annual payment
- You may complement other property insurance with this Parametric Microinsurance
- Property damage does not have to occur for you to receive your payment/indemnization
- If the coverage is activated, you would receive your payment without any adjustment or assessment of damages. No deductible would apply.
- You may use the money for whatever you want
This policy is one of the most comprehensive and robust packages that we currently offer. Its extensive coverage allows you to protect more for an incredibly affordable market price. The basic coverage includes protection for the structure of your property with a minimum limit of $50,000, personal liability coverage with a limit of $100,000, and medical expenses with a limit of $1,000.
The main risks insured under this policy are the following:
- Hurricane or wind storm (2% deductible from insured limit)
- Earthquake (2% deductible from the insured limit)
- Fire ($250 deductible from the insured limit)
- Vandalism ($250 deductible; optional coverage for additional cost)
- Other insured risks
As part of the basic package, you get the following coverages:
- Refrigerated property: $600
- Grave Markers: $5,000
- Credit cards, electronic fund transfer card: $3,000
- Loss Assessment: $2,000
- Owner’s furniture: $3,000
- Lockset replacement: $1,000
- Fire Department services: $500
- Identity Fraud Expense: $5,000
- Flood (personal property): $3,000
- Endorsement of replacement costs: As an additional benefit, our policy includes an applicable replacement cost endorsement if the property is insured for 80% of the replacement cost or more at the time of loss.
You can extend your basic package for an additional premium to cover the contents of your residence. This includes the following:
- Money, bank notes, bullion, etc.: $500
- Securities, accounts, deeds, manuscripts, etc.: $2,000
- Watercraft, including their trailers and accessories: $2,000
- Trailers or semitrailers not use for watercraft: $2,000
- Theft of jewelry, watches, furs, stones, necklaces, among others: $2,000
- Theft of firearms: $3,000
- Theft of goldware, silverware, platinum ware, pewterware: $3,000
- Personal property on commercial premises: $3,000
- Personal property outside the premises for commercial use: $1,500
- Portable electronic equipment and accessories, on the premises and inside a motor vehicle: $2,000
- Electronic and portable equipment, on and off the premises of a motor vehicle, primarily used for business purposes: $2,000
- Essential emergency replacement clothing and toiletries purchases in case the insured is not able to access to the insured property due to a covered loss: $500
You can purchase the following endorsements for an additional cost:
- Personal Liability and Medical Expenses: We offer you protection in case of damage to other people’s property and personal injury to third parties with a maximum limit of up to $500,000 in personal liability and $5,000 in medical expenses.
- Home care: For an additional $30, we offer home emergency services such as plumbing, electricity, locksmithing and glazing, in the event of a fortuitous event to the secured property. For each service apply a benefit of up to $300 maximum per year policy.
- Endorsement to increase of credit card base limit
- Endorsement to increase of the basic limit of identity theft
- Inflation protector
- Personal injury endorsement (Personal Injury)
USIC offers you the only policy in Puerto Rico exclusively for earthquakes with a deductible of 2% of the insured limit. Our policy is designed to support you if you don’t have a mortgage or property insurance that includes earthquake damage. For just $150 a year, you can insure a property valued at $100,000 and ensure that your family has a roof in the event of an earthquake.
- It is made of wood or concrete or mixed construction
- Residence occupied by 1 to 4 families
- It is located in any region of the island of Puerto Rico
- Structures made of masonry (brick/stone)
- Properties elevated on columns and/or stilts
- Condominium units
When you insure your property, you insure your family. Our Dwelling Policy (DP-1), also known as Hazard Insurance, provides compensation to the property owner and the mortgage lender for damages or losses caused by any of the insured hazards.
- Extended Cover: Hurricane, windstorm, or hail (deductible of 2% of the insured limit for concrete residences and 5% for mixed or wooden residences)
- Earthquakes (deductible of 2% of the insured limit for concrete, mixed, or wood residences)
- Fire ($250 deductible)
- Vandalism ($250 deductible from the insured limit; optional coverage for an additional cost)
- As an additional benefit, we include an applicable replacement cost endorsement if the property is insured for 80% of the replacement cost or more at the time of loss.
- What does the Earthquake Policy cover? + This policy protects the structure of your property against damages caused in the event of an earthquake. It does not cover damages caused by any other atmospheric phenomenon, accidents or unexpected situations. It also does not include personal property.
- What are the perils insured under your Housing/Residential Property policy? + Hazards include windstorms, hurricanes, hail, earthquakes, fire or lightning, volcanic eruptions, smoke, and explosions.
What does the Hazard Insurance Policy (Dwelling DP-1) cover?
We cover the structure of your house in the event of:
- The main structure, attached structures (gates and gazebos, among others), and building materials that are used to repair or remodel the secured structure
- Losses that occur during the policy’s term
- Damages caused by an insured risk
- Which properties are eligible for the Dwelling and Residential Property Policy? + Residential building occupied up to 4 families located in Puerto Rico.
- What is the deductible applicable to the policy and how does the adjustment of the loss affect me? + The deductible is defined as the share (amount to be paid) of the insured in the loss caused by the covered peril. This value can be determined by a fixed amount or a previously agreed percentage. In the case of property policies for wind or hurricane hazard, it is 2% or $500 (minimum), whichever is greater. We recommend that you take a time for review your policy insurance declaration page and policy form to see conditions, limit of insurance and deductibles applicable.