Your business is as important to us as it is to you. A few inches of water can cause substantial financial losses. That’s why we offer you our Private Policy for Commercial Flooding so you can protect your property and its contents.
Intense rains, hurricanes, tropical storms, and the quick accumulation of rain are only some of the events that can lead to flooding. Although some areas are more prone to flooding than others, they can still happen at any place, at any time.
Protect your place of business with our Private Policy for Commercial Flooding, which offers you rates even more competitive than those of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- A maximum available limit of up to $2 million to insure the structure of your property (compared to the $500,000 currently offered by NFIP)
- Water damage coverage of up to $1,000 in case of accidental leakage
- A $100 per plate of glass breakage coverage up to $500
- Service charges or surcharges billed by the NFIP do not apply
We also participate in the Write Your Own (WYO) program administered by FEMA under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Advantages of the private policy with USIC
|Better rates and lower premiums|
|Maximum available limit of up to $2 million to insure the structure of your property (NFIP currently offers up to $500,000)|
|Flexible subscription requirements|
|More comprehensive terms and conditions|
|No federal charges applied|
|Coverage for glass breakage and water damage (sub-limits)|
|No yearly increase to rates|
USIC is authorized to write policies through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which is administered and regulated by FEMA.
- General Property Ownership (non-residential)
- Business owners and tenants
What is a Flood Insurance / Policy?
It is a single-risk (flood) policy that covers direct physical damage to the insured property up to the replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV). A flood is a general and temporary condition of partial or complete flooding of two or more acres of normally dry land or two or more properties (of which at least one belongs to the insured) arising from:
- The overflow of internal or maritime waters.
- Unusual or rapid accumulation or spillage of surface water from any source;
- A mudslide, or a river of liquid and mud that flows on the surfaces of areas of land that are normally dry, such as when the soil is carried by a stream of water;
- The collapse or sinking of land along the coast of a lake or along a similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or streams of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels resulting in a flood in the above-defined terms.
- What does your commercial flood policy cover? + Our policy covers the direct physical loss to the structure of your property and/or your personal property due to a flood.
- What elements determine the rate of a commercial flood policy? + The rate is determined by several factors, such as the type of construction and the age of the commercial property, the number of floors, and the percentage of property use, in addition to the level of risk in your area as established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the difference in the base elevation of the building.
What do I need to purchase my commercial flood policy?
- You must complete the application in its entirety (containing basic information about the property).
- You must also include an appraisal of your property (if available)
- The determination of area or cadaster number.
- In some cases, photos of the property may be requested.