We are ready to handle your claim. Our promise is to respond to you quickly and efficiently in hard times.
Your wellbeing and peace of mind are very important to us. If you have a claim, you can report it using one of the following options. Our representatives are always ready to assist you.
Call us at 787 273 1818
Our Service Representatives are ready to assist you with your claim process.
Send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
Send us an e-mail with the name of the insured, address of the affected property, phone number, photos and a description of the damage. We will be in touch with you.
PO Box 2111
San Juan, PR 00922-2111
You can send us a claim by standard mail with the insured’s name, the address of the affected property, phone number, photo, and description of the damage. Upon receiving the information, we will reach out.
Suite 1200 at T-Mobile Center, Tabonuco Street B-7. Guaynabo, PR 00968
If you prefer to make your claim in person, you can visit our offices Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm. * We will be glad to assist you.
* Due to COVID-19, our offices are currently closed. However, we are still fully operational remotely during our regular business hours.
- Name of the insured
- Phone numbers
- Policy number (if you have it)
- Name of mortgage creditor and loan number
- Physical address of the property
- Mailing address
- Description of the damage
- Photos of the damage*
- Receipts of any repairs that have been made
- USIC will acknowledge receipt of the claim within fifteen (15) days.
- The claim will be assigned to the damage appraiser. They will contact the insured to schedule a visit to the property and review the reported damages.
- Once the claim adjustment is completed, USIC will send to the insured a letter with the final assessment.
The Puerto Rico Insurance Code, Article 27.162.26 LPRA 2716(b) provides a term of ninety (90) days after the loss has been notified for the claim to be resolved.
- What information and documents do I need to make a claim? + To make a claim for damage to your property, you must complete and submit a claim request with the estimated damage and the corresponding invoice. The information and documents needed to report a claim depends on the type of situation or damage for which you are claiming. If you need any assistance, please contact our service center at 787- 273-1818 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always here to help you.
- When can I make a claim? + You can make your claim at any time, 7 days a week, by writing to email@example.com. If you prefer to report your claim in person, our office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8am to 5pm. *
- What is a deductible? + In the field of property insurance policies, the deductible is the portion of the damage that the customer has to pay in the event of a loss. It is an integral part of the property insurance policy and is usually set at a certain percentage. For example, if the policy insures the property for $200,000 with a 2% deductible, the client must pay a total of $4,000. In this case, the insurer will be liable for the excess loss of 2%, up to the limit of $200,000.
- How do I get a copy of my policy? + Contact us. You can call us at 787-273-1818, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our offices. * Due to COVID-19, our offices are currently closed. However, we are still fully operational remotely during our regular business hours.
- Why should I get a property insurance policy? + As much as we work and plan in order to solidify the foundations of our present and our future, we live in a world where unforeseen events happen all the time. Among these events are natural disasters, which are inevitable and sometimes catastrophic. Property insurance policies allow you to have peace of mind in case any of these events occur and cause damages to your home or business. They transfer the risk to the insurance company, which then takes care of the costs (according to the specifications of the policy) and covers your losses.